Monday, February 16, 2009

C & C from CC (Conrad Centennial)

The doorbell rang just when I was running the bath in Conrad Centennial. Celest opened the door and in came the hotel staff with a tray of champagne and chocolates. A nice thoughtful gesture on Conrad's part to send up the champagne and chocolates for my birthday, and make it more memorable. What was amazing was their timing. I wondered how they knew I would be in the room. Was it because we just borrowed the DVDs from the in-house library collection and they guessed we would still be in the room? Cos the rest of the girls departed just shortly before we borrowed the DVDs.
A huge box of chocolates! 24 pieces. I was already so full of sweet stuff that I could barely eat more chocolates. So I only took one (till now there were lots left and I still only had one). Will bring the box of chocolates to the office to share.

Since I was going to soak in the bath, I decided to do the cliche thing. A glass of bubbly, a piece of chocolate and a book. A coincidence I was reading "Seduce Me" by Carly Phillips but how apt, huh? :p You can spy the signature Conrad rubber ducky in the background (no, I didn't use it) and the bath salts. I used my own - Rose bath tablet from Muji. A light rosy scent. Nice.

Thank you, Conrad, for the champagne and chocolates.

3 comments:

stardust979 said...

Happy Birthday Carolyn :) I really like your blog :) May all your dreams come true this year! :)

carolyn said...

stardust: thank you so much :)

Seto MeiQin, Hazel (Elizabeth Stuart) said...

Wow you have champagne. I remember my parents brought me to conrad is during Christmas. We got a teddy bear & 4 pieces of choco...... I love the oversized king bed. But I prefer 4 seasons to conrad.