Saturday, February 28, 2009

Set Dinner @ Prego

I wanted to use my FAR birthday voucher where I could either get a bottle of house wine or a cake at any of the dining establishments in the group, so I decided on Prego. JK and I ordered the set dinner which seemed pretty decent. Also we just had pizza and pasta over at Prego a couple of weeks earlier and wanted something different. We chose the same starter (prosciutto with greens and toast and olives) as it seemed more interesting than the soup. I am not really a big fan of prosciutto but this was not too bad. The toast was excellent - crispy and light - and the olives were yummy.

I chose the paella with saffron, seafood and meat. Maybe I was so used to paella in a skillet that when it came served on the plate, I felt it tasted and looked more like a risotto. It was a bit wet, like risotto. But it was still good. I liked it.


JK had the beef medallions which were served with mash and jus. The beef was tender and full of flavor. Very nice!


We had the same dessert (or was there only one choice? I couldn't remember now) - ginger/cinnamon tasting ice cream over pistachio with buttery shortbread crust and strawberries and custard, poached pears and raspberry sauce. Pretty nice though I preferred the strawberries and crust more than the others.


It was quite a long dinner as we wanted to unwind and chill over 2 bottles of white wine. We were there from 730pm till close to midnight. Sometimes we just need to savor our meal and fill it with good conversation and company.

2 comments:

stardust979 said...

Gosh those pictures look really appetising!! :) :) The dessert looks very pretty :)

carolyn said...

It looked better than it tasted. Lol. It is just me, cos I am still a very much chocolate person :p