Sunday, March 01, 2009

Waraku @ The Heeren

Is it my imagination or has the standard of Waraku food dropped? We were there last weekend at the Heeren outlet and Level 5 of the place was quite a dead town. A few restaurants were offering lower prices and discounts and most were either empty or just had a handful of diners. Or maybe it was our timing at 12noon on a Saturday. (Then again, we were the only customers at NYDC when we were there on a Thursday afternoon at 2pm and the other eateries were still empty and 1 restaurant seemed to be closed. ) I added on a side of salmon sashimi which was not that great. Limpy and average.
The set lunch I ordered (yes, now set lunches can be ordered on weekends and PHs - how times had changed) - beef on rice and shoyu ramen.

The beef was not too bad. At least it was not dry and I liked the sauce over ther rice.

The shoyu ramen was not too bad too. Came with a few pieces of the radish and a slice of pork belly.
I was not that satisfied, so I had another side of salmon with cream to go with my carbs.

Overall the food was very average. I had better food over at the Central outlet previously, then again the standard could have dropped too. I think I will stick with the Sun with Moon restaurants for Japanese food in future.

2 comments:

stardust979 said...

Hmm...dropping standards usually happens with franchising I think...

carolyn said...

Oh, I didn't realize it is a franchaise. But yes, I agree...the standard always dropped when franchaised out.