Monday, March 30, 2009

Starbucks Breakfast

I don't know if it is a good or bad thing to have a Starbucks right at my office building. Every morning the wafting scent of coffee beans will tease my sense of smell, tantalizing me to enter its outlet.

Some days I will give in and order my usual caramel machiato, and other days I will resolutely walk ahead and ignore its siren call.

I gave in the other day and finally ordered its recommended breakfast pairing for the caramel machiato - chocolate coffee croissant.

I had the croissant heated up and that was a mistake for "to-go" since the chocolate stripes on the croissant were soft and streaked on the paper bag. But it was oh-so-good with the chocolatey coffee cream inside the buttery soft croissant.

A very nice indulgence for breakfast.

Starbucks also has a current promotion where you get $1 off if you order a toasty bagel or finger sandwiches or ....(I can't remember the 3rd item now) with your tall coffee or beverage. Not a bad deal. I am starting to love the finger sandwiches of tuna and chicken.

No comments: