Friday, March 20, 2009

Shimbashi Soba - February Hearty Meal

It is strange. Much as I adore Japanese food, I hardly ever stepped into Shimbashi Soba located at the basement of Paragon. Somehow I will always choose other restaurants and just walked past this fascinating place with its chef kneading and pulling noodles for the public to gawk.

It was the last day of February and I happened to be in Paragon before heading home. Somehow I was craving for cold noodles, so Shimbashi Soba it was. I made it in time for February promotion of the hearty meal. It was very good, with a bit of everything in there. Cold soba with semi-cooked salmon slices and eggplant with the seasame dipping sauce (like dan dan mian sauce). Assorted sushi. Tempura. Chicken teriyaki and cold tofu with tomato.

The meal ended with dessert - green tea tiramisu and ice cream. Yummy. A very satisfying simple dinner which strangely also felt very healthy :p

No comments: