Sunday, March 08, 2009

The bag that got away - Tod's G-Bag (Easy Sacca)

I have always like the D-Bag Media from Tod's but somehow I have not really found the color which called out to me. Though this Lily (purple) does make the heart twitch a little. Just too bad it is not ordered by the Singapore outlets. The current spring colors are not really for me.
Then I saw the G-Bag (easy sacca) which was designed and named after Gwyneth Paltrow (also the current face for Tod's) I saw the saffron (yellow) one when JK tried it on, but she didn't get it as it was canvas with leather straps. The style didn't appeal to me either until a couple of weeks later when I popped by to check on the new season's wallets and the blue G-Bag was on display.


Somehow the blue looked so much better than the yellow or from the pictures. It was a blue-purple and looked like it could do double-duty (casual work bag or weekend bag). I tried it on and I quite liked it. It was fairly light (I am always on the quest for light bag as I carry way too many things in my bag) and roomy. As it was canvas, it could stand on its own and it was a different style from my usual bags.
The only concern I had was whether it could hold heavy things as it seemed a bit fragile. The SA assured me that since the leather straps were stitched almost all the way down to the end, it could take heavy weight. That some people even put their laptops in there.

There was a divider in the center which I was also not sure of. In any case, I decided to sleep on it and wait for a while. But....just one week later, it was all sold out! The saffron was already sold out too (only left the smaller/medium size). Boo hoo! :(

I would not order online as surprisingly it cost more in the States (after exchange and shipping) than buying from Singapore.

I wonder what other colors would come in for this style next year or the F/W 09 collection.

Images courtesy of eluxury.com

2 comments:

stardust979 said...

The D bag media looks nice though...pretty colour :)...

carolyn said...

It is pretty...but not available in Singapore. They never order it in lily :(