Sunday, March 29, 2009

Island Cafe Pasta Promotion

Island Cafe at Tangs Orchard had a pasta promotion about two weeks ago and I happened to be there for dinner and was given a set meal option. I was torn between ordering the Fried Kway Teow or the set meal as it was laksa fettuccine.

In the end, I decided on the set since it was not on the regular menu and I do so want to try the laksa fettuccine. It came with a decent portion of fish, prawns and quail eggs. I could smell the laksa leaves and the fish was surprisingly fresh and tender (not overcooked at all). The prawns were sweet and crunchy. Unfortunately the aromatic scent did not match the taste of the pasta. The pasta was pretty tasteless. It seemed like there was not enough cream.
The set came with dessert and a choice of coffee or tea. I had coffee which was standard. The dessert was green beans soup. It was a bit lemak as coconut milk was added to it. I rarely have green beans soup as it was not my favorite type of desserts but this was not too bad.

No comments: