Saturday, March 14, 2009

Kuishin-Bo Dinner Buffet @ Suntec

After hearing so much about the buffet at Kuishin-Bo, I finally got the chance to try it during the Wednesday Ladies Night (2 seatings at 2 hours each, starting from 530pm). We went there around 615pm and had to vacate around 730pm (I believe you could stay on if you are not taking part in the Ladies Night which was a cheaper price).

I was pretty surprised by the selection. I usually did not have a good opinion of such buffet after bad experiences at some other places, so I did not know what to expect. There was a decent variety of food available and the some were pretty good. I liked the sashimi which were fresh, not amazingly fresh but at least they were not limp. The sushi was not too bad but could be better. There were more choices than what I took.
The unagi was good, the yakitori and grilled squids were cold, so were not that great. The crab legs were big and sweet. The surprise was the wagyu beef which the chef will grill after you selected the meat. Very tender and juicy.

More crab legs. Between the two of us, we only had 6 legs or so? Considered very little when you see tables just filled with crab legs :p

Dessert! I was so stuffed but I just had to try the Japanese desserts which we shared. The cream puff was very nice and the mango pudding. There was a chocolate fountain which I didn't bother trying. I think I am so over the chocolate fountain thing. There were also ice cream and more pastries/cakes.

You could select your own drinks - different flavored tea bags, milo, different types of coffee and the soda fountain. We also had a hot pot which was really nice and oden. There were more cooked food and handrolls and tempura. So much food that you could not possibly sample everything.

Location
Suntec City Tower 1
Level 3 (where Toys R Us and Post Office are)
Tel: 6238 7088

No comments: