Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Bakerzin Macarons

After resisting for close to a month, I finally caved into Bakerzin February promotion - $1 macaron. There was an additional promotion when I popped into the outlet at Paragon on the last day of February. $5 for 6 macarons for a pre-packed package. Since I always liked to try things, I decided to get that.
Lemon - I liked the tartness which contrasted well with the sweet pastry
Rose - a very light hint of ot
Pistachio - not very strong with bits of nuts.
Hazelnut (I think) - very nutty taste
Chocolate - my favorite. I think I just like all things of dark chocolate
Blueberry - I didn't get to try it as it rolled out of the bag onto the floor. Darn! :(

So it was back to square one. $5 for 5 since I didn't get to try blueberry. Lol. Davis said that is the nicest one. I should have known. Sigh.

3 comments:

stardust979 said...

Oh Those look nice! I liked them since trying Sadaharu Aoki's and curious about Canele's..

carolyn said...

I think I have tried Canele's macarons...light and sweet. Nice.

Anonymous said...

surprisingly i find them too sweet.