Monday, February 23, 2009

Tatsuya @ Goodwood Park Hotel

Tatsuya has moved from Park Hotel in Orchard (formerly Crown Prince Hotel) to Goodwood Park Hotel and since I would be in town during lunch time, we decided to head there for the set lunch bentos.

The place is still a cozy little place but looked much brighter than over at Park Hotel. Reservations is definitely needed and call early to get a table. We dined by the sushi counter and it was equally good too as you get to see the chefs in action.
I was undecided about what to have and in the end ordered the sashimi unajyo set (same as previously) as I wanted a bit of everything. The sashimi was very fresh and the chawanmushi was smooth. Tempura was coated with a light batter and fried crispy, not soggy at all. The unagi was pretty ok but I didn't particularly like the regular rice. I have been having Japanese food almost everyday and I much preferred sushi rice now, with the vinegared sweet taste.
TT ordered the sashimi set which looked real good too, especially since it came with sushi rice. I could have forgo the unagi and just order this. Next time...

Oh....and the service was good too. I received an sms a couple of days later from Tatsuya thanking me for patronizing the restaurant and hope to see me again. This little touch of customer service certainly did make me remember the restaurant better. Maybe this is why it is always so crowded with regular customers.

Location
Tatsuya Japanese Restaurant
Goodwood Park Hotel
(next to the main lobby, outside, towards FEP direction)
Tel: 6887 4598

2 comments:

Camemberu said...

Wow thanks, I didn't know they moved!

carolyn said...

You are welcome. They moved early this year. The new place is nice.