Saturday, September 27, 2008

Tatsuya Japanese Restaurant

This is a really crappy photo as I took it without flash on my phone's camera. I didn't expect to go there for lunch.

I had a really bad headache/migraine and saw the doctor. After the doc's visit, I was advised to eat some stuff before taking my pills. So walking around, nothing was really appetizing and I thought maybe Japanese will be ok.

And since I hardly had the chance to be in town area during lunch time, I decided to go to Tatsuya at Park Hotel. I heard so much about it but had yet to try. Obviously I didn't have any reservations and the restaurant was packed! It was so tiny and people were waiting. Good thing I was alone and was able to get a seat by the bar area.

I ordered the Sashimi Unajyo Bento which came with fruits, unagi on rice, pickles, tempura, sashimi and chawanmushi. It was really fresh and good though it took quite some time to arrive.

The tempura was not oily and fried just right. Now I finally understand why some people raved so much about good tempura. It was really light and not too floury. The unagi was not overly sweet or drenched with sauce. The sashimi was fantastic. Fresh thick slices of raw fish just made the day. The chawanmushi was silky smooth and soft. Very nice. All these for $30.90++.

The set lunches are affordable especially since the quality is there :)

Location
Tatsuya Japanese Restaurant
270 Orchard Road
#01-05 Park Hotel Orchard
Tel: 6737 1160

Opening Hours:
Lunch: 12 pm - 3 pm
Dinner: 6:30 pm - 10:30 pm

No comments: