Monday, September 22, 2008

UPS - Service Recovery

After I blogged and ranted about the poor customer service from UPS, I finally received a response from the person in charge. After doing the usual checking and questions, I was informed that they had received several feedback about the wrong charges from Victoria's Secret.

They had actually submitted the claim for GST refund from the government and it would take 2-3 months to process because of the unusually high volume of cases. Typically it would take 1 month.

See, this was what I wanted to know. If they had processed the claim for refund and how long it would take. So I was fine once I knew that.

A week later, someone from UPS called me (I don't remember the name now) and he did a fantastic job on restoring customer confidence. He told me because it would take so long for the government to refund them, UPS would just send the check over to me first while they wait for the refund.

This is excellent customer service response. And yes, I managed to get my check within the week. Kudos to the person who called me :)

No comments: