Monday, September 08, 2008

Bistro Petit Salut @ Holland Village

Pink and blue girls. This seemed to be our colors :p Or green. But yes, ladies who lunched again. This time 4 of us, and at Bistro Petit Salut over at Chip Bee Gardens. This was more casual and relaxed. A homely place filled with warmth.
The crusty bread and butter. We were starving so we attacked the bread once we ordered. It seemed to be a baguette.
All of us ordered the same starter - seared baby bay scallops with cocktail potatoes and shallot vinaigrette. The scallops were sweet and went very well with the potatoes and shallots.
My and T main - Seared onglet beef “Café de Paris” with French fries - It was not as tender as the beef cheeks over at Dempsey outlet but it was not too bad. The portion seemed smaller too.
D's main - Seafood spaghetti, tomato fondue, parsley and olive oil - it was not too bad. Quite nice.
A main - Oven-roasted chicken leg confit with wild mushroom cream sauce and gratin potato - this was actually really nice. The meat was so juicy and tender.

A & D dessert - Homemade baked cheesecake with a scoop of sorbet - the sorbet was tangy and refreshing on the palate. The cheesecake was nice too.
T dessert - Nougat glacé with pistachio and mixed fruits - not exactly my favorite but something different.Guess I am not a huge fan of nougat.
My dessert - Crème Brulée - I love this. I simply like to crack the burnt sugar on top and dig through to the soft creamy custard.
I was so excited to find these black specks. Real vanilla beans were used to make the Crème Brulée.
Finally, a picture of my coffee. Guess it is from illy. Robust and not too bitter after I added milk and sugar.
I still prefer Au Petit Salut over at Dempsey just for the ambience and food selection even though Bistro is slightly cheaper.

2 comments:

stardust979 said...

partly thanks to your recommendation, I ate at au petit bistro the other day to celebrate my birthday :) Really really nice food there and the service was just as good as the main one@dempsey. Thanks for the great review! :)

carolyn said...

I'm glad I'm able to help :) Good to know you had a wonderful time there for your birthday. Good service really makes a difference to a good, bad or awesome meal.