Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mid-Autumn Festival

It is Mooncake Festival aka Mid-Autumn Festival again. On this day, the moon is said to be the brightest and roundest and biggest. It is also the Chinese Valentine's Day where couples will go admire the moon or something. This is also the year when I didn't really try many types of mooncakes unlike in previous years. Besides the durian mooncakes I bought from Cakerie 727, I also bought 2 boxes of the snowskin mooncakes from Fairmont. Aren't the boxes pretty? This time there was a "mirror" too.
I always love Fairmont (Raffles the Plaza) mooncakes, particularly for the champagne truffle mooncake which I think is even better than Raffles Hotel's version.
This year the new mooncake is the dark chocolate with strawberry. It was pretty ok. The champagne truffle was good. The Baileys (orange) was too strong for me. Rum n Raisin was pretty nice too. No more mooncakes till next year where probably I will just buy from Fairmont again. I have been told not to buy too many mooncakes now since not everyone eats them.

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival. Soon it will be Christmas and 2009. Time sure flies.

3 comments:

Par said...

Oh they look yummie.

Fen said...

Fairmont's (aka Raffles the Plaza) has always been my favourite. Smooth Lotus paste with nice gaunche in it...

By the way, just to let you know that I have taken your picture of the cedele's chocolate fudge cake and insert into my blog. I have anknowledged and placed a link to your blog.

I hope you don't mind.

carolyn said...

Ms.____2 be!: They certainly are. You have to try them next year if you did not get the chance this year.

Fen: Thank you for dropping by. Thank you for linking it to my pic :)