Monday, February 09, 2009

Greenwood Fish Bistro

I have heard lots about Greenwood Fish Bistro & Market and I finally made my way there last week as friends wanted oysters. On Tuesday it has a oysters promotion where each oyster is only $1 with order of a main course. Warm holey slices of bread - very nice! We asked for more bread as it was just sooooo good.
First order of oysters - 18 oysters for 3 persons (6 each) to start us off. They were from various places and very fresh.

Picture taking before digging into the bread and oysters. The double J comedy duo was back to entertain us :p

The 2nd order of oysters - I had 4 more to make it 10 for me. The others had a dozen total. The 2nd batch was more salty, not sure why.

S & J ordered the black cod (aka seabass at Greenwood). It was very good, not that into the cinnamon poached pear though. The mashed was nice too.

The house fish and chips which the other J ordered. It was supposed to be delicious as D always ordered this when she went there for dinner.

I was wavering between the fish and chips and the pasta when the pasta won. Seafood fettucine and it was excellent. Real creamy and plenty of seafood, especially the squid. The squid was just right, not rubbery chewy at all. This was comparable to the seafood fettucine I loved in Canada. It was best to share this as it got too jelak/creamy for me after a while. Good thing the double J were around to polish my food, just like old times. The garburators are back :p

2 comments:

misaki said...

what are the prices like for this place?
thinking of bring a friend...the pics look kinda cool..

carolyn said...

I don't really remember now, but I think the mains are from $18 onwards.