Sunday, June 07, 2009

Another Dinner @ Sun with Moon Central

It was great catching up with ex-colleague over a Japanese dinner. We decided on Sun with Moon Japanese Dining over at Central since the 30% off promotion would be ending soon. This time I got my order right - salmon and swordfish sashimi. I actually wanted swordfish the other day but somehow ordered hamachi (yellowtail) instead. These were so yummy.
I had no idea what this dish was, but it was mashed potatoes mixed with roe (mentaiko?) and topped with salmon. Delicious, especially if you loved potatoes.

I got N to try the foie gras. She was a bit hesitant initially but she was won over by the foie gras here. Like me, I am not a foie gras fan and tend to avoid it as I never had good experience with it at Western restaurants but the version at Sun with Moon is simply fab. It does not have a very strong gamey powdery taste. I think it is the slightly sweet sauce used to brush the foie gras.

We also shared the beef stew in miso which was lip-smacking good too. The beef simply melted in our mouths though they were so fatty too. I do wonder if those white bits were really fats or something else. In any case, I removed them as I was not keen on gooey soft jelly like bits.

We had desserts of green tea ice cream topped with red bean and the tofu cheesecake. Nice way to end the meal.

No comments: