Saturday, June 06, 2009

Pontian Wanton Noodles

It is official. I am a Pontian Wanton Noodles fan? I had that 4 times in a week now!

Somehow I was always so eager to dig in that I never took the pictures. Lol.

Pontian Wanton Noodles is now a franchaise with many outlets all over Singapore and I have tried the noodles from 3 different places now. So far, my favorite is still at Far East Plaza despite the higher price.

The noodles are pretty bouncy with a bit of bite and texture to it and they pride their noodles as free from preservatives and will not turn soggy after a while. I wonder what is the "special" ingredient to do that.

Why do I like Pontian Wanton Noodles? And this is coming from someone who has developed a phobia about wanton mee after having it every Tuesday for 2-3 years when growing up.

Somehow I like that there is variety in the ingredient and the options for the sauces. Then you can add mayo, chili sauce and pickled green chilies too.

Ingredients:
noodles, char siew pieces, fried wantons, regular wantons in soup and lots of veggies

Sauces:
1. Chili sauce
2. Black sauce
3. Chili with black sauce
4. Tomato sauce

The price is pretty decent too. For a plate of fried wantons or wanton soup, it is only $3.50 at Far East Plaza ($2.70 at Kovan) and there are 14 pieces in there.

Far East Plaza prices
$3.50 small bowl
$4.00 big bowl (just more noodles)

Kovan prices
$2.70 small bowl
$3.20 big bowl

I don't remember the prices over at the outlet near OG at Sim Lim area.

A pretty satisfying meal which is under $5. What's not to like?

No comments: