Thursday, June 18, 2009

Lunch @ Inagiku

I am becoming a regular at Inagiku for lunch now :p The FAR card really helps to make it more affordable to dine there at least once a month. Jacq decided on the Business Lunch Set which came with a a pork stew, sashimi, rice, miso soup and eel (swapped for the veggies). The starter was a choice of chawanmushi or salad and dessert was fruits. Looked yummy. We chose chawanmushi which was fabulous with its generous ingredients and silky smooth egg texture. No bubbles at all.
I wanted the otoro and sea urchin so I decided to splurge and ordered the chef's chirashi bowl. I also requested for no shrimp and eel. This was so good and I got tired of eating halfway. But I did manage to stuff myself and finish it off :p

The otoro was heaven on tongue, fatty without being too much. The scallop was so sweet and the sea urchin was just to die for. I am slowly becoming a convert to sea urchin. It is such an acquired taste, with its initial seafood fishy-ness taste.

We swapped our fruits for ice cream (additional $5 to upgrade, but after the FAR card discount, it was only $2.50). Green tea for me and black seasame for Jacq. Lovely end to the nice meal.

This time, we were not given the green tea truffles with our bill. Maybe that was only available previously.

1 comment:

stardust979 said...

Hey thanks for your recommendation to eat at Inagiku. I just went there last night with family and ate the Sushi dinner and the foie gras chawanmushi and the caviar prawn sushi was nice! :) Great sirloin too, it seemed to have been refurbished? The sea urchin and ootoro were really delightful!