Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sheraton Towers Dining Room

Another Saturday, another lunch/tea buffet. This time it was back to the Sheraton Towers' Dining Room. I quite like the place for its simple yet decent food at a pretty ok price. Sometimes you just do not need to have all the rich dishes where you hardly have room in your stomach to really try everything.

The girls were late, so I started first since it was already 12+ pm and I didn't have any breakfast. The sandwiches were what I liked about the Dining Room and they were still good. I liked the toasted seasame seeds sprinkled over the ham/cheese sandwich. The siew mai were also surprisingly decent, same for the char siew pau. The popiah was a bit too dry and it fell apart when I tried to pick it up.

The pie tie was filled with shredded duck making it very yummy. The crepe also contained duckmeat and it was good too.


The sashimi and sushi were a bit sad, not that fresh or great. These were the "hot" items and the platter was always empty and they took some time to refill it. At least there were more choices instead of just the typical salmon.

The roast of the day was grilled turkey breast with cranberry sauce and gravy. Not too bad but I usually only preferred home-cooked turkey meat now :p

More sandwiches. My top three were the ham/cheese with toasted seasame seeds, tomatoes/cucumber and tuna with that pink stuff (I can't recall the Japanese name for it).

The other highlight besides the sandwiches was the laksa which was still very good. Lemak and flavorful. Nice.

Dessert time. The chocolate praline was to die for with its dark, rich chocolatey taste. The chocolate bread and butter pudding with vanilla sauce was equally good. The panna cotta was not too bad. I'm still a chocolate fan :p

For durian lovers, the durian penget which was very aromatic and sweet.

Chocolate lava cake with 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream and sprinkled with almonds. You could see specks of vanilla beans on it.

The chocolate oozing out of the cake. I did not bring my camera so had to make do with the phone camera which did not manage to capture the colors and details perfectly.

Next time, I guess :)

No comments: