Friday, March 12, 2010

Borders Bistro Dinner

It has been years since I last went to Borders Bistro for a meal. The last few times I was there, it was just for the iced lemon tea which was very good. I liked that the tea was not from a mix (I absolutely abhorred those and always asked if it was brewed on the premise) and was lemony with the sugar syrup served on its own.

So I decided to try it again since I had the promotion voucher of 20% off (additional 10% with Borders card). We ordered the baked portobello mushroom which was smothered with cheese and chopped tomatoes. That was good. Then again, anything with cheese and mushrooms were usually smashing.

I was quite surprised by how good the prawn pasta (forgot the actual name of the dish) turned out. The prawns were fresh and crunchy and sweet. The linguine (you could choose your pasta) was al dente, and the sauce was a light white wine with chopped chilies. Very yummy if you do like spicy pasta and prawns.
After the wonderful pasta, the fish and chips was a bit of a letdown. It was still good but just not as good as the pasta. Maybe I tried it after it had been sitting there for a while so it was no longer piping hot and crispy. The fries were good though.

I would not mind going back there again just for the prawn pasta. That was quite a keeper for me.

No comments: