Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Hookup (for your bags)


The Hookup - a hanger for your purse. Of course many must have heard of a purse hanger or own at least one or a few. I have two and they were courtesy of Elle magazine and Scholls. Maybe because they were "free", I always felt they were a bit flimsy and did not seem to be able to hold a heavy bag. Plus they were not that attractive at all.

Then I saw the version at The Hookup and I pretty much fell in love with it.
In a heart-shape design, it is not that small or big and you can clip it onto your bag and make it look like a bag charm or at least be part of the design of the bag. Twist it open, and voila! It becomes an "S" hook, and you can hang your bag and place it at the edge of the table or chair.

The Hookup can hold up to 30 lbs which is a very big selling point for me. Reading the specs of the various other purse hangers available in the market, they typically can hold between 15 and 20 lbs of dead weight. Seeing that I usually carry big bags which weigh a ton, I need one which is strong and secure.

It is finished in 2 colors - gold and platinum - which will go very well when attached to the bags. Plus it is about 40g, not too bad.
I am still thinking if I should get it as it is US$48 each. Add in shipping, it will be around US$62. Would you pay close to S$100 just for a bag hook? It does sound a bit extravagant, doesn't it? Plus, I just have to trust the specs that it can hold up to 30 lbs and the tip of the hook can really stay on the edge of the table and not slide off.

In the mean time, I will just survive on the old-fashioned way. Bag on chair or lap.

ETA: I just realized it is available in Singapore too. Now I just need to go check it out at the stores.

All images from The Hookup.

3 comments:

celest said...

ooh.. this is a very neat and stylish bag hanger, but "stylish" price too.. hehe.

i love how chic it is (i thought it was a bag charm/keychain at first glance), but honestly, i wouldn't pay for it myself :P

Jerilyn said...

Have you ever seen the Clipa purse hanger? It also stays on your purse straps for easy access (maybe not quite as cute, but still pretty), and it holds up to 45 lbs. It can be used in bathrooms either over the stall or on the handicapped railing, at restaurants or bars, on shopping carts, at the movies, almost anywhere! And it's a lot less pricey! Only 19.99 with free shipping at
Purse Bling

carolyn said...

I checked it out at The Planet Traveller store and it is retailing at S$106. It is huge but quite light.