Saturday, March 13, 2010

Kit Kats - Tea or Coffee

I must confess. I always liked to read about the snacks Hsueh recommended in Urban every Friday. I kinda filed away the information in my head and when I happened to see the stuff, I would want to try them.

So when I saw the Royal Milk Tea from Kit Kat at the supermarket at Isetan Scotts, I just could not resist it. Then I saw the other Kit Kat featuring milk coffee, I had to get that too.

It probably helped that the packaging was so pretty too. I tried them and I was a bit disappointed. It was nice, but just too sweet for me. I guess I do not really have a sweet tooth even though I do like desserts.

The royal milk tea and milk coffee kit kats were coated with white chocolate flavored with the tea and coffee. The white chocolate was probably what made it too sweet for my liking. I often preferred my desserts to be chocolate and the darker (bittersweet) the better.

The royal milk tea was reminiscent of the actual english breakfast tea with milk and sugar. You could taste the subtle aftertaste of the tea. For the milk coffee, it had a very light aroma of milky white coffee.

1 comment:

celest said...

ooh.. i *heart* that royal milk tea packaging, so english! :) pretty..

i'd like to try this sometime too, u love all things tea-flavoured ;) is it very sweet though?