Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Spinelli's Lunch

I had a pretty good lunch at Spinelli's. Chicken stew with 3 slices of toast to mop up the gravy. The chicken pieces were tender and the stew was full of potatoes, carrots and onions. Very nice. I loved how the toast were sprinkled with herbs which made it all the more fragrant. The only gripe with the stew was the need to check it was fully heated up. I guessed the stew was frozen and probably transported from the central kitchen to be served to customers, so sometimes the center part was still cold.

I finished the meal with iced chocolate drink and a slice of the strawberry cheese tart. The iced chocolate was decadently rich and yummy as usual.

The strawberry cheese tart was quite average to me. I loved the huge sweet strawberries but the cheese tart was not really fantastic. It was similar to the Japanese cheesecake, not too cheesy and yet not fluffy light either. It was just not quite there.

No comments: