Wednesday, March 24, 2010

One down...one more to go

After being busy with night classes for the last few months and burning my weekends, it is now exam time. I need to sit for 2 papers before I can start the process for my career switch into the financial sector.

I scheduled to sit for the first paper (supposedly easier one though a classmate failed it when he took it 2 days after the course ended) yesterday and I PASSED!

It was truly by the grace of God that I was able to remember what I had studied. It has just been soooooo many years since I last sat for anything.

Now it is on to the next and final paper. That is the most difficult one where only 2-3 out of 10 persons will pass. This is also the one where I have the most problems in understanding the subject matter.

After so many years of avoiding numbers, I now have to remember all the formulas and know when and where to apply them. I also need to know more in details of what the things in the balance sheet or P/L mean rather than the cursory understanding which I currently have.

Here's praying that I will be able to remember everything and pass the next exam.

Praise the Lord!

3 comments:

Missy P said...

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive. 15 Because you have said, “The Lord has raised up prophets for us

stardust979 said...

Good luck! Hope that you will be ok :)

carolyn said...

Thank you :) Quite a torture to study for the next exam. Too many formulas and calculations to remember.