Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Brasserie Les Saveurs, St Regis Singapore

This is another overdue post. The company had the annual Christmas dinner over at the Brasserie Les Saveurs in St. Regis Hotel last year.

It was a lovely place at night with dim lighting from the chandeliers and a wall of huge floor to ceiling windows letting in the last visage of the evening sun. The furnishings is stately and has an old world charm and elegance of centuries ago.

Dinner was a semi buffet as we got to choose a main course, with the appetizers and desserts from the buffet table. Sometimes it was good to just have an excellent main and some extras instead of being stuffed to the gills trying to sample everything.

I started with the sashimi and raw oysters which were very fresh and sweet. The only thing to mar the experience was the buffet was not really ready even by 7.15pm or so. The servers were only removing the cling wrap from the platters and I had to chase down someone to request for the soy sauce.

As expected, the selection was not as wide as some other places but I felt it was just nice. It was sufficient and there was fresh ham (not sure if it was parma) where you could just slice off the amount you desired. I was contented with my caesar salad, shrimp, potato salad, smoked salmon and cherries.

The main I chose ~ braised wagyu beef cheeks with white truffle mashed potatoes. The lighting was really not very good for taking pictures with my "point and shoot" camera. It was so hard to get a truly good shot to represent the reality.

Mine was a bit on the too done side. Good thing it was wagyu so it was still tender and melted a little in the mouth. I wondered if they were waited for all our dishes to be ready before bringing them out at the same time. Most of us ordered the beef and one ordered the risotto which looked equally appetizing.
Dessert time. I selected all the chocolate stuff as it was always the safest choice for me. They were good though I had no idea what I had by now.

I did not have room for the cheese platter (quite a good selection of cheese and fruits) and soup.

I would love to go back to Brasserie Les Saveurs again. I like the quiet and elegant ambience which was very soothing and relaxing. Then again, it was not overly crowded when we were there on a weeknight.

No comments: