Sunday, May 30, 2010

Fruit Paradise, VivoCity

A friend told me about Fruit Paradise over at Raffles City a few months ago and waxed lyrical about how nice the tarts were. Then just a few weeks ago, another friend told me about Fruit Paradise at VivoCity and commented it was not too bad.

So when I was at VivoCity, I just had to try it for myself.

We decided to share the set (a small slice of tart and a pot of tea) and ordered an extra pot of tea since we wanted different tea.

We tried the banana chocolate tart which was made with chocolate mousse. The cream was firm and did not collapse after a period of time. The combination of banana and chocolate made the tart a bit on the heavy side. Somehow it felt a bit synthetic to me, I could not decide if I like it or not. It was not awful but maybe I still prefer tarts with light whipped cream. Or maybe I should have ordered something more fruity like strawberry or the berries range instead of banana.

The tea was good. I had the white tea which was light and went down easy on the palate.

1 comment:

stardust979 said...

agree. it's ok, the tea is not too bad!