Sunday, May 23, 2010

Wendy's Fast Food Joint

The flu which is going around is so much harder to fight. Two weeks of being sick means I have been resting every weekend and sleeping early every night. Actually I have been keeping to "farmer" hours since I get so tired by 9+pm and then have to wake up at 6+am.

Anyway, I made it to Wendy's at Lau Pa Sat a few weeks ago for lunch. This was my 2nd time there and decided to just have a kids meal plus a baked potato. The regular burger is quite big and filling.

I had the cheeseburger kids meal which came with a decent size cheeseburger with fries and coke and a toy. Then the baked potato with cheese and broccoli.
This was heaven. Just like the way it was done in Canada. Gooey cheese generously ladled over the baked potato to smother it with real pieces of broccoli. So rich and sinful and yet so comforting. This was the type of baked potato I am used to, not the wannabe which was served at Tanglin Mall Boulangerie Cafe.

The fries were not that fantastic. Then again, Wendy's is not known for its fries. I always like Wendy's for its chicken caesar wrap (not available here) and baked potatoes. In fact, I hardly ordered the burgers at Wendy's when I was living in Canada.

Another place to try would be Nando's at Bugis Junction. Mmmm....yummy peri peri 1/4 chicken.

3 comments:

Jer Lin said...

teehee i like ordering kids' meals too :D

stardust979 said...

I agree. The baked potato is nice. But I find the place abit dirty (then when I went) and quite crowded. The burger was alright. :) Glad you liked it too!

celest said...

WOW. the cheese. WOW.
:)