Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Beach Holiday

I want a break. Just somewhere nearby and cheap. So I am trawling the various budget airlines and hotels checking out the prices. I tried the dates for the National Day and Deepavali/Puasa long weekends and they were mostly full now. People sure acted so fast!

My next bet is sometime in September then. Ideally, it should be around 4-5 days since JetStar leaves in the evening for Phuket. Yeah, I'm looking at Phuket again. Somehow I miss the swimming pool at Burasari. I think I am quite unadventurous in that sense, I always go back to Burasari.

It is a small boutique hotel, just minutes from the beach (not that I go to the beach that much). I love the hospitality there and it is pretty quiet and the staff remember you. I first went there in May last year and I fell in love with the swimming pool and room. It is unlike the usual chain hotel where you are one of so many. Over there, the staff take the time to chat with you and make it comfortable for you. So I went back there again on my subsequent trip in end July last year.

I have been meaning to go back again, but just did not get the opportunity to do so. Hopefully I can do so soon. I am debating if I should just book direct from the hotel or through the latestay website. Also this time I am thinking if I should try other hotels or go back to Burasari again.

I am also looking at Katathani Phuket Beach Resort and Deevana Patong Resort and Spa. Based on the airline, I can either go for 4 days or 6 days. And if I want to leave on 21 Sept, then I will need to finalize all bookings by 20 July.

I shall be going alone unless I managed to find a traveling companion for this trip. I do not intend to do much, just laze by the pool, read, have a massage, snorkel and just enjoy the surroundings. No shopping or bar-hopping for me. Just not really my scene over there :p

Anyone interested? ;)

Katathani is really gorgeous but it is so darn expensive too! I hope to either stay there for 1 or 2 nights and spend the rest of the nights at Burasari/Deevana. Well, we shall see.

No comments: