Saturday, July 22, 2006

Mercury Retrograde

Remember my earlier post about Mercury retrograding (http://puremochalatte.blogspot.com/2006/07/astrology-and-camera.html), well it still continues to strike me.

Since last Sunday evening or Monday, I have not been able to access the internet. Apparently it cannot read the IP address, hence I have little or no connectivity at all. A friend came by to check it out and recommended I change my network cable in case that was the problem. I did that and it was still on the blink. Nada. I called up Starhub to check and the technician said it seemed to be working and suspected it could be the network cable. If that is not the problem, then it could either be the modem or my pc.

My brother said it shouldn't be the pc since I just changed the motherboard. Well, today I brought home the work laptop to test the network cable and it works fine (as evidenced by my post). I have not tested my pc yet. If it still didn't work, then I have to relook my pc. Sigh. I hate this technological problems.

I think I quite like having a laptop, it just feels so "adult" - working on documents while out and able and being mobile. Maybe because all of jobs, I do not have to do much presentation slides or work on laptops. To do presentations to potential clients. I am truly office-based.

But now with the laptop, I can bring it out with me when I am at my client's office to work on some stuff. It is in Suntec City and has a gorgeous view of the Bay area. And to surf or do work while at coffee places. Now at home, surfing in bed and typing this. Awesome. Yeah, I know...it is quite normal now...but I am "slow" ;p

The only drawback about the laptop is the keyboard. So hard to type. I guess I am still used to the regular keyboard and mouse.

No comments: