Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Cheesecake Factory

When Carolyn is stressed or upset, she looks at food and drools over them. If it is really extreme stress, she will reach for the chocolates (she already had 2 truffles - white and dark).

The next best thing - Cheesecake!

I am not really a big fan of cheesecake actually, the reason why I didn't get the chance to try the cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory in the States. But that kinda defeated the purpose as one goes there for the cheesecake. Oh well, maybe some other day when I go back to North America again.

So introducing...The Cheesecake Factory (http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/)

CHOCOLATE TUXEDO CREAMTM CHEESECAKE
Layers of our Fudge Cake, Chocolate Cheesecake, Vanilla Mascarpone Mousse and Chocolate


KAHLUA COCOA COFFEE CHEESECAKE
Layers of Rich Brownie, Kahlua Cheesecake, Creamy Chocolate Mousse and Chocolate Ganache

Those looked so good. Ok, enough drooling. What do I remembered of The Cheesecake Factory?

It serves typical American food with huge portions. I shared an appetitzer with my cousin and had a pasta main. I was so full after that there was no room for dessert. Bummer :(

The pasta was excellent, I probably had something chicken fettucine with bell peppers in cream sauce.

Anyway, that was quite some time back, so the menu could have changed. Here are what caught my eyes in the new menu:

SHEILA'S NEW ORLEANS PASTA
Fresh Pasta, Tender Chicken, Mushrooms, Red and Yellow Peppers, Garlic and Green Onion Sauteed with a little Tasso and Tossed in a Spicy, Creamy Tomato Sauce. Garnished with Two Large Cajun Shrimp

CAJUN JAMBALAYA PASTA
Our most popular seafood dish! Shrimp and Chicken Sauteed with Onions, Tomato and Peppers in a Very Spicy Cajun Sauce. All on top of Fresh Linguini. Also Available over Rice

AVOCADO EGGROLLS
Chunks of Fresh Avocado, Sun-Dried Tomato, Red Onionand Cilantro Deep Fried in a Crisp Chinese Wrapper.Served with a Tamarind-Cashew Dipping Sauce

Somehow pasta still attracts me more than the usual steak, fish and chicken (meat dishes). Maybe I am a carb person after all.

2 comments:

monochromatix said...

MMM.. Cheesecake :D The best cheesecake I had was called Chocolate Cadillac... I had it at the old Pastels coffee shop on Robson & Thurlow... it's gone now.. and so is the cake :(

carolyn said...

what is that like? I don't think I had it before though I think I passed by Pastels before. The name looks familiar.

The only cheesecake I like now is with raspberry as the tartness of the raspberry contrasts very nicely with the creamy cheesecake.