Saturday, January 30, 2010

Brown Brothers ~ Moscato and Cienna

I am not a big drinker as I dislike the bitter dry taste of most alcohol. So I am very selective in what I drink. I like sweet wine, particularly the white wine from Germany (I learnt that most white wines from Germany are sweet). But I cannot take cloyingly sweet wine much. Dessert wine and ice wine are usually much too sweet for my liking too.

During Christmas, I was introduced to Brown Brothers from Australia. Moscato and Cienna. I like them, so when I saw the twin pack on promotional offer at the liquor section of Isetan Scotts, I grabbed a pack.

There are more types of wine from Brown Brothers which I don't mind trying. Most supermarkets do stock their wine. I have seen them at 360 as well as most Cold Storage.

The Cienna is similar to Ribena. It is red and has a bit of bubbly to it. It is sweet but not as sweet as the moscato which is a white. I can barely finish 2 glasses of moscato while I had no problem drinking 2 glasses of the cienna.

I am so glad to finally know of some other brands of wine which I can drink. So far the other whites I do buy are from Oyster Bay and Cloudy Bay, besides the German wine. For cheaper version, the Yellowtail is not too bad.

I am not a big fan of Jacob's Creek or Penfolds.

No comments: