Friday, January 01, 2010

Brunch at PS Cafe, Palais Renaissance

Chocolate milkshake to start off the day, enjoying the warmth of the sun out on the terrace of PS Cafe. It overlooks the compound of the Thai Embassy , giving a secluded feel with all the greenery. A nice way to start the day with a book and chocolate.

Unfortunately the milkshake was not that fantastic, it reminded me of magnolia ice cream. "Cheap" taste assaulting the tastebuds, then again, I am quite a chocolate snob, preferring fine handmade dark chocolates with the rich delicate bittersweet liquid wrapping itself around the tongue when it melts in the mouth.



The terrace which is cooled by the overhead fans whirring lazily. It is not that crowded when I get there around 1130am on a Saturday morning. The crowd starts to come in after 1230pm.

The much raved about truffle fries. Crispy shoe string fries sprinkled with parsley and tossed with truffle oil. This was very very good. Hot and crispy with truffle oil which gave a aromatic fragrance and taste.


Close up of the fries. This had to be shared as the portion was huge. I guess they needed to justify the price ($15) for fried potatoes.

I finally had my eggs benedict which I had been craving for the longest time. I usually got my fix at Marmalade Pantry but not since it moved over to ION Orchard and the brunch menu was not ready the last time I called. This was good too. The eggs were poached just right, with the yolks slightly runny and the whites slightly firm. I was never a big fan of rocket leaves but this went very well with the eggs benny and the balsamic vinegar which was drizzled on the plate.

The other favorite - crab tart. D's choice. The tart was filled with fresh crabmeat (real, not the fake crabstick stuff) and baked to perfection, with warm flaky crust.

The leftover fries. We just could not finish it between the two of us. The level did not seem to go down despite us working on it for half an hour or so.


Happy 2010, everyone!

3 comments:

stardust979 said...

I was just at PS Cafe today with my friends :) Didn't try the fries as was full but saw many many people ordering it :) Next time will try it :) Lovely place!

Happy New Year to you too! :)

red fir said...

Happy New Year Carolyn! (:

celest said...

i want those fries!! :9
slurp.. must try soon.