Sunday, January 24, 2010

Nasi Padang ~ Food Opera (Jan 9, 2010)

This is the most expensive nasi padang I ever had so far. I know it is at Food Opera, and is one of the most pricey food court for a meal but this takes the cake.

The usual meat + 2 vegs with rice is around $6.50. I normally would have the assam fish (preferably sting ray) with sambal goreng/tempeh and a veg (typically ladies fingers if available). What can I say? I am pretty much a creature of habit.

Then I saw the ikan bilis and wanted to try that. So I added that. I would have thought the ikan bilis would be considered a side dish like a veg or something. Little did I know it would be considered a "fish" dish. Maybe it was the petai which were cooked with the ikan bilis. In any case, I was charged an extra $3.30 for the fish (either the ikan bilis or the assam fish), making the meal close to $10.

This is definitely a lesson learnt. Just stick to the usual 1 meat/fish + 2 vegs in future.

No comments: