Sunday, January 03, 2010

Brunch at Spruce 0201, 2010

I cannot live without coffee (actually I can, but I definitely cannot live without chocolate ;p). While waiting for the girls to arrive for our post Christmas, New Year and birthday celebration, I ordered a cappuccino. It was fragrant and strong, a bit too strong and acidic for my liking though. Good thing I asked for another stick of sugar.
Lipstick mark on the cup. While I know the trick to prevent lipstick stain on glasses/cups, I find it icky to really do it for all glassware.

The signature cinnamon pecan roll which was huge. I shared it with the girls and yet we could not finish it at all. It was very nice, with the crunchy pecan bits and chewy bread sweetened with the icing sugar.
The signature prawn pasta with zucchini and parmigiano. This was pretty good too.
Spruce signature burger (it seemed like many items were considered their signature dishes) with the hand cut chips.
Travis eggs benny with an everything bagel, cajun prawns and dill hollandaise sauce and hot sauce.
The signature salad with corn, avocado, dates and toasted almond. Very crisp and fresh greens.
Eggs benny on fresh corn waffle with leg bacon and hollandaise sauce.
The European burger with blue cheese, bacon and onion compote and chips.
See the blue cheese. Very tiny pieces but packed a punch.
A bite of the European burger. Thick and juicy beef patty (done to your liking) with buttered toasted bun and fresh greens.
My plate - half a European burger and egg benny with fries. Plus some of the cinnamon pecan roll with cappuccino. What a wonderful way to start the day. Good food, splendid company and lovely place.

Location:
Spruce
320 Tanglin Road, Phoenix Park.
Tel: 6836 5528

2 comments:

red fir said...

I love brunch at Spruce too, especially the corn waffle benny!

celest said...

yumm yumm yumm!
it was a lovely afternoon indeed. we should do it soon again..

oh, let's try this next.. quite a nice secluded place :)

Firestation Hillside Gastrobar