Saturday, March 11, 2006

Beyonce True Star Gold - Tommy Hilfiger

True Star Gold opens with a ‘scintillating sensation of watery notes’, coming from the blend of melon and golden kiwi. The heart reveals a bright and enticing bouquet made of linden blossom and pumpkin flower. The dry down is an enveloping sensation where sisal and lily blend with milk and tulip wood.

Top note :
Provence Melon, Golden Kiwi, Red Currant

Middle note :
Pumpkin Flower, Linden Blossom, Golden Pollen

Base note :
Milk, Raspberry, Honey, Sisal, Lily, Tulip Wood

Source: osmoz.com


I bought True Star Gold last weekend at their roadshow outside Heeren. The scent itself while lovely, is not the usual scent I would choose. Milk, honey, tulip wood, lily, etc are something new for me. I was tempted to buy as I like the tank tee as well as the gold bag. The promotion tier is confusing, but suffice to say, I would need to spend $150 just to get the gold bag.

I decided to just wait and see if I still lem for it after the movie. After much walking around and stuff, I was still thinking about it, so I decided to take the plunge and plonked down the cash to get the bag and fragrance. I bought the 75ml EDT ($95) and the 200ml shimmer body lotion ($50) - the 30ml gwp body lotion was OOS by then, so the GWP I got in the end was a bit confusing.

Besides the gold tote bag (which is totally roomy, versatile and handy and oh-so-glam), I got the tank tee, hair accessory with gold sequin globes to tie the hair, pink panther notebook and some sample vials and the mesh pouch it came in. The promoter threw in those freebies for me. Right now when you buy at the store, it will just be the gold bag for $150 purchase.

I love the shimmer body lotion as the sparkles are small and lasting and will look really good with tanned skin. It gives a glow. The fragrance itself, I am starting to like it as it has a pretty fresh scent. The gold tote bag is the ultimate. It is light gold with a hot pink lining. The combination is very nice. My ex-colleague even commented on the color combi and he is a guy! (Must be the hazard of working in a fashion industry :p) I took it out for shopping and gym and to the pool. You can just dump everything in, with room to spare. The only gripe is that it does not have any zip or snap button to close it, so I have to be careful that I do not get pickpocketed.

Agnes bought the fragrance just for the bag too after she saw me carrying it at the IPS. We were joking that we paid $150 just for the bag. Lol. That is the most expensive bag I ever bought/owned.

No comments: