Thursday, March 02, 2006

Ramekin @ Starbucks

I was intrigued when I saw the word "ramekin" for a pie-like looking snack. The first time I came across this word was from a food blog and it was a crockery for cooking/baking, kinda what you call a casserole dish.

From www.waitrose.com
Ramekin - A small straight sided round dish made from glass or ceramic. Ramekins are ovenproof and are ideal for serving individual soufflés or mousses or pâtés, dips and nibbles such as nuts or olives.











Because of the ramekin, I ordered the chicken and broccoli ramekin with a cafe latte. The ramekin is quite a disappointment. It tasted like a regular pie, with less flaky crust. It was also eggy and seemed similar to a quiche.

I like the Starbucks at Suntec City. I must confess that is the first time I ever had my coffee there. Usually I order it to go. It is very nice, with a fake fireplace and a mantel and a lived-in look for the lounge area. I love the coffee mug too, very modern and current with the black ceramic.





















No comments: