Sunday, March 26, 2006

More Lemmings - OPI Designer Series

OPI Designer Series

Do I really want this? Ok, I know I do not need them. The new Designer Series from OPI. Now just what is the difference between the DS polishes and the regular polishes?

From OPI website:
An extraordinary fusion of couture and technology, DESIGNER SERIES by OPI is a line of twelve Nail Lacquers so unique and exceptional, it is meant to be savored by only the most exclusive audience. Its breakthrough, state-of-the-art formula combines precious, dazzling DIAMOND DUST with pigments so saturated with color that they glow. As with a perfectly cut diamond, DESIGNER SERIES by OPI reflects light in an explosion of brilliance.

It has diamond dust to bring out the shine, isn't that gorgeous? Plus the brush is wider and better for painting the colors on.


Description of colors from opi:
DS Shimmer - Dazzling, radiant platinum.
DS exclusive - Deep amethyst satin.
DS original - Gorgeous, glistening plum

DS couture - Sumptuous, shimmering rose.
DS divine - Divinely brilliant fuchsia.
DS elegance - Vivid pink with a sprinkling of sequins

DS signature - A marvelous sparkle of mauve.
DS chiffon - A glimmer of lightest pink.
DS ruby - Rich, jeweled red.

DS sapphire - True blue twinkling with stars.
DS vintage - The glow of coppery taffeta.
DS design - Elegant gold with a soft gleam.

Hmmm....I won't be ordering in the near future, but who knows. 2-3 months down the road. What will I get if I do order? I realize there are some key words in products which will definitely stoke my interest e.g. amethyst, fuchsia, burgundy, wine, shimmer...

I think I would like exclusive, divine, elegance, ruby, sapphire and design and possibly chiffon too. At US$6.25 each, this is almost double the usual opi color. Then again, those are really non-retail prices, so I shouldn't be complaining. In Singapore, a regular OPI color is around S$22 or more per bottle, compared to when I ordered online, which works out to around S$10 or less depending on exchange rate and shipping cost.

Oh well, I guess I will only see and lem for the moment.

For more information: www.opi.com

No comments: