Sunday, March 05, 2006

Moonfish Pasta & Seafood Restaurant - 1 Mar 2006

Popped into this restaurant with Davis for dinner. D had to leave just after she placed her order, so I had dinner on my own. I'm cool with that as I have learnt to do things on my own and to enjoy my own company. Plus I had my book with me, so it was fine.

I have never been to the place ever since it changed from being Spageddies to this Moonfish. The decor and layout still looked the same, so I wondered if it was just a name change for this outlet but is under the same management.

The dishes on the menu is different but the tiramisu design is the same (but not when they served it to me).

Okay, I just did a search and Moonfish is a sister company of Spageddies.

Taken from www.moonfish.com.sg:
"Moonfish Seafood and Pasta Restaurant started up in August 2003. It branched off from its sister restaurant Spageddies Italian Kitchen, in aim to create the Mediterranean cuisine experience of great seafood and pasta. Moonfish is part of the Acma Group's food and beverage division. "

Ahhhh.......so that is why it looked similar.

I wanted to try the "Escargot Moonfish" where the garden snails are stuffed into mushroom caps and then baked with herbs and what not. Unfortunately it was not available, so I settled for the "Room alla Funghi" - deep fried mushrooms with tartar and neopolitan sauces. Maybe I am not in the mood for really fried stuff, so I wasn't overly enthusiatic about it. The mushrooms are very juicy though.


For mains, I ordered the crayfish parmigiano. This is surprisingly good. The crayfish is sauteed and smothered in the neopolitan sauce and topped with mozzarella cheese and comes with a side of aglio olio. The pasta is al dente and you can taste the fragrance olive oil and fresh slices of garlic. Delicious! The crayfish is tender and fresh and sweet and goes very well with the cheese and pasta.









For dessert, I had tiramisu and cappuccino. I must confess to being a bit disappointed by the presentation of the tiramisu. It looks different from the picture and is different from they way it was served at Spageddies. (See pic).


Overall, the food is pretty good but I didn't get a sense that it is trying to serve more mediterranean food.

Contact:
Moonfish Pasta & Seafood Restaurant
Time2 @ Millenia Walk
No. 9 Raffles Boulevard #01 - 106
Tel: 63390987
Email: moonfish@acmamall.com

No comments: