Sunday, March 26, 2006

Oatmeal - Horrid horrid horrid!

I always buy oatmeal, those instant hot oatmeal, every once in a blue moon (make that once every 2-3 years) in the hope I will suddenly like it. Yesterday I was at Isetan Scotts supermarket and Naturepath's Organic Instant Hot Oatmeal caught my attention. The packaging is much more attractive than the usual Quacker Oats, plus it comes in sachets. I like that as if I still dislike it after trying, it is easier for me to give them away. Though I have since discovered a new use for oatmeal. You can use it as a facial mask or as a body scrub.

Being one for variety, I decided to try the assorted pack (Maple Nut, Apple Cinnamon, Flax n Oats, Multigrain Raisin). Today I eagerly tore open the Maple Nut flavored sachet and had my first oatmeal porridge in years. One bite and *gagged*. Granted, it is slightly sweet but I just dislike the "gooiness"of the porridge. Yucks. That is another reason why I do not really like tendons or anything that is gooey, well maybe caramel is quite the exception (but I am not a big fan either).

So no more oatmeal porridge for me again.

Oatmeal cookies, oatmeal cereals are fine. Just no hot oatmeal porridge.


Anyone wants to take the remainder sachets off my hands?

No comments: