Saturday, April 01, 2006

Fragrance Galore

A gf just asked me today how many perfumes do I actually have, and I could not give her an answer, all I know was I have over 20 bottles (30ml and up), excluding miniatures and sample vials. I know I love fragrances, and do I need that many? I do not know, but I can't seem to stick to just one scent, make it my signature scent. I need variety, to suit my different moods.

When I am happy, I wear citrusy-floral sweet scents. When I am feeling sporty or going for sports, I like pure citrusy scents, something to perk me up. And for night events, I like musky, heavier scents which makes me feel sexy and glamourous. For work, I like light florals which is not too cloying or overpowering. During the day, I will wear something light. When I am going to the beach, I want to have a sea or ocean scent.

When I was young, I love looking and trying out new fragrances. I would buy foreign magazines just for the strips of perfume samples in the pages when I was in my teens. My very first bottle was probably Estee Lauder White Linen (a miniature of 15ml), which someone gave me. Then it was The Body Shop Fuzzy Peach and White Musk. EL Beautiful, Wings by Giorgio Beverly Hills (1992), Gio by Giorgio Armani and Tuscany Per Donna by Estee Lauder (1992) were some of the perfumes I liked then.

Then I started using Gap Dream, Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers, Lizsport by Liz Claiborne and various other body splash from Victoria Secrets. In 1997, I discovered you can actually buy sample vials or get them from the counters. I got cK Be, cK One, Polo Sport from RL, and CK Escape. I think that was the turning point. With the various scents, I started to use whatever I deemed is suitable for my mood or activity or event.

So what do I actually have right now and what did I have before? Here is my list.

*Warning* - It is quite long, don't faint.
Bottles of fragrances (30ml and above):
Escada Sexy Graffiti LE(finished 1 bottle, on 2nd bottle) *fave*
Escada Magnetic Beat (finished 1 bottle, on 2nd bottle) *fave*
Escada Pacific Paradise LE
Gucci Envy Me (finished)
Tony & Tina EDT (BNIB)
Chopard Pure Wish
*fave*
Chopard Wish Pink Diamond LE
*fave*
CK Escape *fave*
CK Be
CK Euphoria
CK Eternity Love (2004 LE)
Liz Claiborne Lizsport
RL Style
RL Glamourous (Discontinued)
*fave*
RL Blue
RL Ralph (on 2nd bottle)
Gap Dream (left the 15ml x 2)
*fave*
Incanto Dream
Beyonce True Star Gold
Stella Sheer (finishing one, 2nd one waiting to be opened)
Clinique Simply (BNIB)
Michael Kors Michael (BNIB)
Tommy Girl (gave away)
YSL Baby Doll Light LE (swapped away)
Davidoff Echo Woman
Shiseido Relaxing (don't use this at all!)
L'eau Por Kenzo
Hugo Woman (3rd bottle now)
Boss Woman (finished)
Giorgio Beverly Hills G
Giorgio Beverly Hills Ocean Dream (2nd bottle is BNIB)
*old fave*
Paul Smith Woman (2nd bottle is BNIB)
Vera Wang Sheer Veil (mistake buy, most expensive fragrance I own)
Anna Sui Secret Wish
*fave*
Victoria's Secret Apple Garden body splash

Errr.......that is more or less what I can remember. Other miniatures or sample vials include:
Jil Sanders Sensation
Bvlgari Blv
Bvlgari Blv Notte
CK Contradiction
Gap Blue No. 665
Gap Heaven (solid scent)
Gap Dream (solid scent)
RL Romance
Escada Island Kiss
Escada Magnetism
Burberry Touch
Thierry Mugler Angel
Stila Midnight Bloom
Narciso Rodriguez For Her
Aquolina Pink Sugar
........and others.........

So I guess I have about 30 bottles of fragrances, with around 20 sitting on my dresser, the others are kept in my wardrobe (some opened and some unopened). Sigh, I am still eyeing Incanto Charms and Euphoria Blossom though.

Some descriptions of the old fragrances:
Giorgio Beverly Hills launched Wings in 1992 and classified it as a lavish fragrance merging with notes of exotic floral, musk, woods and amber. It’s ideal for romantic wear.
Floral Fruity Green. It is blended to evoke impetuousness confidence and exhilaration. This crisp invigorating fragrance consists of 621 notes some of which are ginger lily green osmathus passion flower gardenia marigold blue rose cattleya orchid shaffali jasmine heliotrope woods amber and musk. The elegant glass bottle is capped with a sky blue stopper.

Tuscany Per Donna Perfume by Estee Lauder, Launched By The Design House Of Estee Lauder In 1992, Tuscany Per Donna Is Classified As A Refreshing, Oriental, Woody Fragrance. This Feminine Scent Possesses A Blend Of Citrus, Grapefruit And Mandarin. Accompanied By A Touch Of Spice, Carnation, Honeysuckle And Vanilla. It Is Recommended For Daytime Wear.

As sensuous and luminous as the Italian countryside.This fragrance perfectly captures the warm light and relaxed sensuality of a romantic hillside villa. Even the name Tuscany Per Donna, which means "Tuscany for Women," reflects the lush blend of blooming flowers and Mediterranean herbs, softened with rich sandalwood and sweet vanilla.
Fragrance Type: Floral/Oriental
Top Notes: Rose, Muguet, Citrus, Mediterranean Herbs
Middle Notes: Jasmine, Carnation, Honeysuckle, Peony
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Amber, Vanilla

The design house for Liz Claiborne introduced Liz Sport in 1997; it’s known for being a fresh flowery daywear fragrance. It blends notes of green floral, mandarin, ivy, moss, and cedar along with white musk.

Gio Perfume by Giorgio Armani, Created By The Design House Of Armani In 1992, Gio Is Classified As A Luxurious, Floral Fragrance. This Feminine Scent Possesses A Blend Of Green Florals, Gardenia, And Orange Blossoms. Accompanied By Amber, Wood, And Vanilla.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there. came across ur website by chance. I'm looking to sell off several miniatures incanto charms. let me know if you're keen

Anonymous said...

wah, high maintenance woman this is. spa, good makan, perfume, clothes.

to all guys out there, if u r getting less than 10k a month, forget about this woman. muahahaha

-Light

celest said...

women nowadays work hard to pay for our own indulgences.... of course it's nice to get showered with gifts from that special someone every now and then, but not every woman expects to be "maintained" by man. no offence.

carolyn, thanks for answering my question! ;) my first fragrances were also EL beautiful and TBS white musk! i still use them now - those are classics.

Anonymous said...

of course of course celest, I totally agree with you. women nowadays are very capable, if not more capable their male counterpart.

just made that comment in jest,dun take it too literally.

Peace.

- Light

carolyn said...

Celest: Thanks for sticking up for me and all the women who are able to pamper themselves using their own money :) I was actually in 2 minds to remove this post, but decided to let it stay.

Light: I was hurt by your comment, even though it was written in jest. Don't forget, this blog is meant to touch only on food, spas and the finer things in life. That does not necessarily mean that those are the only things that revolve around my life. It is just part of it. You know my other blog's address where I touched on other stuff (which was why the comment hurt me cos you should know better even though you don't know me in real life).

Anonymous said...

my most sincerest apologies to you, Caro. -- Whack myself on the head --

- Light