Sunday, April 23, 2006

Salmon steak with mango salsa sauce


I was asked ("told") by mom to eat the salmon which she bought ages ago for me. I didn't even realize that. So I prepared an impromptu dish of pan-grilled salmon with mango salsa sauce. I wasn't particularly in the mood for salmon as I had that yesterday at Olio Dome (that was really excellent - pan-fried salmon with mashed potatoes with a dash of lemon).

There was no lemon, so I had to think of alternatives. I searched the fridge for inspiration and took out the lurpak garlic butter, regular butter, and then saw the bottle of salsa sauce. I decided to try making the mango salsa sauce to go with the salmon. It was an interesting taste. I think I will make the sauce from scratch, with fresh chopped tomatoes instead of the salsa sauce. The mango was very sweet, so the entire taste sensation was sweet with a hint of spices.


I always seemed to be making things with salmon. Reason being I rarely do the grocery shopping, and I tend to cook on the spur of the moment. So I usually only have salmon available :p

No comments: