Sunday, April 23, 2006

Imperial Herbal Restaurant

I went there for dinner last night with the family. BIL got promoted to Regional Manager - Congratulations! - and he treated us for dinner.

It is quite a typical Chinese restaurant. The specialty is the herbal soups, all sorts of soups are available. This is what we had:
1. Egg white with shredded scallops on deep fried vermicelli basket
2. Buddha Jumps Over the Wall soup
3. Cod with man tou
4. veggies with wolfberries
5. Ee-Fu noodles











































































The house specialty (egg-white scallop) is interesting. The vermicelli basket is freshly deep-fried, it seemed to be fried in lard though, it has a taste to it. The egg white scallop mixture is interesting. Soft and tender, almost like eating a cloud.

The soup is nice though I don't appreciate all the ingredients. I passed the sea cucumber to my mom, I can't abide the slimy, rubbery texture as well as the smell. I did quite alright with the fish maw, abalone, shark fin, mushroom, chicken pieces and even the corderceps (?) worm herb.

The cod is fresh and the man tou goes very well with the sauce. My fave has got to be the vegetables. The wolfberries gives a burst of sweetness to the dish, and they are good for the eyes too.

The noodles is chockful of seafood. Very nicely done. Overall it was a good and filling dinner. I like it.

Contact:
Imperial Herbal Restaurant

3rd Floor Metropole Hotel
41 Seah Street Singapore 188396
Tel: 6337 0491
Opening hours: 1130am - 230pm; 630 - 1030pm

1 comment:

celest said...

i love the egg white dish!! just thinking of it makes my mouth water :9 i tried the one at grand shanghai restaurant near my office once... it's fresh steamed fish topped with soft fluffy egg white gravy... heavenly!