Saturday, December 30, 2006

1st Designer Bag Lemming


Prada Tessuto Gauffre (Pre-Spring 2007)

I am never really that crazy about designer bags or wallets, compared to some of my friends who are into them (LV, Gucci, Ferragamo, Dior, Celine, etc). Mainly because I have not really seen any designs which just called out to me. But now I am lemming for the latest Prada Pre-Spring 2007 Collection - Tessuto Gauffre. I first saw them in some women magazines and were attracted to the bright cheery colors. So different from the usual black nylon bags, and which there were so many fakes around.

No doubt there will be fake Tessuto Gauffres too....but they are just too nice to resist. Read from CC that there won't be many pieces being brought into Singapore and already the wait list for them is pretty long :( There are 3 sizes (S, M, L)... think I would prefer the biggest since I always carry lots of stuff and in either green, red or blue. I don't think orange and yellow are my colors and white gets dirty too easily. Not sure why but I am not so against orange now. Maybe I am so used to seeing it everywhere for work. We have been promoting "orange" as the color for most communication materials.

If there is an angel, maybe I will get it as a birthday present ;p

ETA: I saw the bags in real life at the Prada store. My lemming is kinda killed now. Didn't really like the green and blue bags, and I think medium sized would be better. I didn't really like the gold zips too. Lol. Don't think I will buy it but as a gift, I will still accept. Lol. Possibly in red or orange.

ETA (28/1/07): Went to Prada again, and looked at the bag. Lemming stirred again. I like the large sized, I was mistaken about the sizes previously. So large sized and in orange. Surprisingly I like orange. So not my color but it is so cheery and uplifting. It costs S$2370 or something like that and sold out island-wide. No more large sized in any colors here. Darn!

No comments: