Saturday, December 09, 2006

Wedding Fever!


This is my 3rd wedding in under 3 weeks (1 every weekend) and the last. It seemed like everyone is getting married this month. The picture is of the wedding ceremony in church for my younger cousin, actually my youngest cousin on my Dad's side. I love her gown. I was never really one for wedding gowns as they all seemed to look the same. Strapless, satin material and with many layers, making it stiff and big, etc. But hers was a simple creation. Very elegant and very old-world. A sleeveless v-neck shift dress with intricate lace design overlaying the "soft" dress, ending in a train with lace details at the edge. Nice!

It was quite an emotional affair, with the bride tearing when saying her vows, and the groom choking when he sang her a song at the end as a surprise. I like that they each wrote a page in the program on why they are marrying each other and their thoughts of their partner. It is nice to know as unless you are a very close friend of the couple, you won't really know how they met or what they think of each other.

It is quite a big affair with guests flying in from all over the world.

There are 3 parts to her wedding. Tea Ceremony in the morning, followed by the church wedding, and finally the wedding dinner tomorrow. Thank God for the short break. Posted by Picasa

No comments: