Sunday, December 31, 2006

Last post for 2006 - Spa Esprit and Life Spa

This will be my last post for the year 2006. I started this blog on 1 Jan 2006 and focused on food, massages and everything nice. It was intentional not to post much personal stuff/thoughts on other matters as I post that on my other blogs. I didn't want to duplicate entries.

Year 2006 has been uneventful....tried out new restaurants and spas, and also went back to old favorites. I may have to change focus for Year 2007 as I am trying not to eat out so much now in a bid to be fitter and healthier (read = weight loss regime. Haha!).

I ended 2006 with a massage or two. I made an appointment at Spa Esprit for 29 December, but they called to cancel it as there was a fire in their outlet (I found out today when I went for my re-scheduled appointment).

I managed to get an appointment at Life Spa for 29 Dec instead. It was done by another therapist. Not as good as Lilian though. She was so "fast", I felt rushed by the entire experience. A good therapist will always use long, soothing strokes to create a feeling of languidness and relaxation. Another reason why Tui Na and Thai massages are not relaxing but are more "therapeutic" to hit the sore spots.

Strawberry Butter Meltdown - Spa Esprit Paragon

With a name like that, how could one not feel like being slathered and ready to be eaten? :p I first tried this treatment in 2005 on my birthday (courtesy of a special voucher from Biotherm). It was so good but so pricey too, for me to warrant paying $150 (?) for that. I remembered the strawberry scrub which smelled heavenly and sweet, followed by a shower and then the warm buttery massage. I felt like a cake!

I had another voucher for 50% off at Spa Esprit, so I decided to try the Strawberry Butter Meltdown again. The therapist "Susi" was fantastic! I really prefer Malay therapists as they are always much better than those from China. Plus they can speak English. Therapists from China usually only know Tui Na (or what they think is Tui Na as many are not professionally trained at all, just applied great pressure onto the body).

She asked if there were any particular areas that needed more attention, and I told her to focus on my shoulders. She started off with the massage - warm strawberried buttery cream or whatever was applied onto my body and she started massaging. It smelled so delicious that it was so tempting to want to taste the concoction. Lol. Susi just managed to hit all the right spots and there were times I drifted off to sleep. So rare for me to sleep during massages now.

After the massage was the scrub. More strawberries! I am not sure what went into the potion but there were bits of red (strawberries I assume) and some fine white particles for scrubbing. That was followed by a shower. There were 4 jets on the wall beside the handheld showerhead. Pretty cool option. Unfortunately the shower space is really tiny.

I am seriously considering if I should splurge on this and have it once every 2 months and have Susi work her magic on me.

Signing out:
Happy 2007, everyone!

No comments: