Thursday, December 21, 2006

O'Briens - Jelita Cold Storage

Click on image to see the crushed chips

This is utterly disappointing. I ordered the Christmas Sandwich (turkey, ham, cranberry sauce, stuffing, lettuce and coleslaw) and clam chowder for brunch yesterday.

Maybe I was expecting the kind of turkey sandwich served at Starbucks (which incidentally was absolutely amazing!) or even better, but I certainly didn't expect such dismal portion or presentation or taste.

They used turkey ham (not real turkey meat) and the coleslaw was dripping sauce all over. The stuffing was just miniscule crumbs that I could barely see or taste it. And the dealbreaker was the chips. The chips were all crushed up. I seemed to have been served the "leftovers" from the pack.

The clam chowder was not much better. Too salty and too much vegetables. It seemed more like a vegetable soup with pieces of clams added. Granted, it is not Boston style where it is creamier, but this tasted like something right out of a can.

I like O'Briens or I used to like it after this experience. O'Briens used to have very fresh sandwiches made on the spot when it first opened. Or maybe it is the outlet problem. I have been to outlets at CityLink, Millenia Walk and Raffles Place and the food was fine there. But the one at Jelita is just bad.

No comments: