Thursday, December 21, 2006

Hoshigaoka - Shaw House

Steak Ju

The Steak Ju at Hoshigaoka is surprisingly good! I usually try not to order steak as it usually is very tough or overcooked despite me asking for medium well.

I wasn't that hungry that night at Hoshigaoka (Shaw House branch) and didn't particularly feel like having the Chawanmushi set (my fave). It was a toss up between Ten Zaru or some udon or the steak.

I decided to give the steak ju a try as I saw several diners having it. Rule of thumb - When in doubt, look around you and see what others are having ;p

I didn't regret ordering it. The beef was very tender, done just right. Not too tough and yet not rare at all. No pinkish tone to it. I am not sure how the Japanese does it, maybe it is in the seasoning? The onions were caramelized to the right sweetness.

I found another dish to order in Hoshigaoka now :)

No comments: