Saturday, December 02, 2006

Thai Express - Soft shell crab tang hoon

I have been craving for the soft shell crab tang hoon (bean thread) in "claypot" from Thai Express ever since I had a sample from Davis' order last 2 weeks ago.

Thai Express revamped and expanded their menu for the outlet at Raffles City. I didn't know that until I met Davis for lunch the other day. There were so many items now e.g. crispy prawn pancake, stuffed tofu, crayfish tom yam, crayfish tang hoon, soft shell crab tang hoon, minced chicken basil rice, chicken ball with tang hoon, etc.

Soft shell crab tang hoon

On Thursday, we had dinner at the Thai Express at Paragon. The outlet only started serving the items on the new menu the day before. So I finally had my chance to sink my teeth into the soft shell crab tang hoon. It was so yummilicious. The bean thread soaked up the flavor of the sauce, the soft shell crabs were crispy and perfectly formed, the mushrooms were juicy and it had lots of black peppercorns and garlic and ginger. This is my favorite dish in Thai Express now.

No comments: