Friday, December 08, 2006

My new phone - Moto RAZR V3i

Moto Razr with a shoe charm from an "angel"

I finally did it. Took the plunge and tied myself down. 2 years. After being contract free for my entire phone owning life, I am now stuck for at least 2 years. Not that I ever change my service provider or phone for the last 6-7 years. I guess I just dislike the idea of being tied down. I like to be free and easy, to have the freedom.

My phone gave up on me yesterday. I suspected the old problem came back when a few friends and clients could not hear me when I answered their calls. Since there were no repair shops nearby when that happened in the late afternoon, I had to buy a phone.

A real pity the Blackberry Pearl is only sold exclusively to Singtel. I was so ready to get that. Then I contemplated getting a Nokia 6118 (?) or LG Chocolate phone. In the end I got the Motorola Razr V3i as weight and quad-band won out in the end. The Nokia is too heavy. LG has a too sensitive touch screen. Razr was already something I was considering earlier, so I decided to get that. In maroon, I doubt Violet will ever hit our shores.

I felt so dumb when I saw all the stuff in the box. Headset, screen wiper, cds, mini memory card, etc. I never had so many things in my phone before. I am just too used to my vintage phone where it is not multi colored, has no camera function or MP3 or web browser, etc. Suddenly I have all these and more. Still trying to get used to using the Moto. Been such a long time Nokia user.

No comments: