Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Sweet Dessert post to start 2007

Ben & Jerry - two favorite men in my life. They are with me when I am sad or when I am happy. When I need something sweet, when I need cheering up. They always make me feel better.

Amazing though how it took me so many months, years too (?) to finally enter a Ben & Jerry Scoop Shop after they set up shop in Singapore. Always, I prefer to take them home in tubs and enjoy them in the relative comfort and safe haven of home or at parties.

So on 31 December, when I was out with a friend, she wanted ice cream from Ben & Jerry. Off we went to the outlet at Raffles City basement. My very first entry. I discovered there were so many more flavors available than in the tubs sold in supermarkets or gas stations. To my credit, I didn't order any :D But I did try what Sheryn ordered - Dublin Mudslide. It has Irish Cream and swirls of coffee fudge and chocolate chips cookies. Nice, but my fave is still New York Super Fudge Chunk - chockful of dark and white fudge chunks, pecan, walnuts and fudge covered almonds in chocolate ice cream.

Scoop of Dublin Mudslide

I like the decor of the cafe - with the cow on the table. It reminded me of COWS in Canada. Huge store with a cow in front and scoop counter and other souvenirs of apparel and accessories.

Flavors I have tried:
Butter Pecan (rich buttery ice cream with roasted pecans)
Pistachio Pistachio (pistachio ice cream with lightly roasted pistachios)
**New York Super Fudge Chunk (chocolate ice cream with dark and while fudge chunks, pecans, walnuts and fudged covered almonds)
Half Baked (Chocolate and Vanilla ice cream with fudge brownies and gobs of chocolate chip cookie dough)
**Chocolate Fudge Brownies (chocolate ice cream with fudge brownies)
Chunky Monkey (banana ice cream with fudge chunks and walnuts)
Chubby Hubby (Fudged Covered peanut butter filled pretzels in vanilla malt ice cream rippled with fudge and peanut butter)
Cherry Garcia (Cherry ice cream with cherries and fudge flakes)
Dublin Mudslide (Irish cream liquer ice cream with chocolate, chocolate chip cookies and coffee fudge swirl)
**Phish Food (chocolate ice cream with gooey marshmallows, a caramel swirl and fudge fish)
+Bovinity Divinity (Milk chocolate ice cream and white chocolate cows swirled with white chocolate ice cream with dark fudge cows)

**I Like!
+ No longer available

Flavors to try:
Vermonty Python (coffee liquer ice cream with chocolate cookie crumb swirl and fudge cows)
Fossil Fuel (sweet cream ice cream with chocolate cookie pieces, fudge dinosaur and fudge swirl)

No comments: